Specification for DC-DC Converter
Ref: RDSO Spec.No.ELRS/SPEC/DC-DC CONVERTER/OO21 (Rev-01) Sept-2004
1. Input Voltage Range : 50V - 85V DC (Nominal 72V DC)
2. Input Ripple : Upto 30% peak to peak.
3. Output Voltage : 24V DC, settable between 24 to 26V 1% (Factory set: 25.5V +/- 1V)
4. Load Capacity : 500 Watt continuous at 24V output.
5. Efficiency : More than 85% at 72V input with 500W laod.
6. Insulation Resistance : More than 20 meg. ohms measured with a 500V Megger.
7. Dielectric Strength : 1.5KV max. between all terminals shorted and the casing for 1 minute.
8. Ambient Temperature : 0 to 70C continuous.
9. Short Circuit : Short circuit protected.
10. Over Voltage/Under Voltage : Beyond 85V and below 50V system will trip. System will re-start
automatically within operating voltage range.
11. Reverse Polarity : Will not operate for reverse polarity input. No damage is done.
12. Surge : Can withstand 1.8KV, 1.2/50 micro Sec
13. Termination : 2 Nos. two way stud type terminals for input and output connection.
14. Dimension (Approx.) : 255mm x 210mm x 170mm (+35 terminal cover)
15. Weight (Approx.) : 8 KG.
The two DC-DC Converters are housed in one MS cabinet with a change over switch for selecting any one at a time. Each DC-DC Converter has been designed to drive 500 Watts load continuous at 24V output.